Basic Boating Knowledge Standards - Public Review Periods Open Through December 5, 2019
The National Boating Education Standards Panel announces opening of Public Review Comment Periods for five standards. Proposed changes reflect revisions to the previous approach of stand-alone Basic Boating Knowledge standards. In the proposed “Core-Plus” approach, the “Plus” standard is designed to be used in conjunction with the “Core” standard. Future changes in the “Core” will, by definition, be incorporated into any “Plus” standard should this system be adopted as proposed.
These five documents are open for review and comment. Comments are being collected on the EZ-ESP website at https://esp.nasbla.org/esp/:
- 100-20XX, Basic Boating Knowledge – Core (New Proposed Standard)
- 101-20XX, Basic Boating Knowledge – Plus Human Propelled (Revision of ANSI/NASBLA 101-2017)
- 102-20XX, Basic Boating Knowledge – Plus Sailing (Revision of ANSI/NASBLA 102-2017)
- 103-20XX, Basic Boating Knowledge – Plus Power (Revision of ANSI/NASBLA 103-2016)
- 103.1-20XX, Supplement - Basic Boating Knowledge – Plus Water-Jet Propelled (Revision of ANSI/NASBLA 103.1 – 2018)
A commenter must first register on EZ-ESP (allow up to 48 hours for processing). Existing users of the NASBLA website will use existing login credentials. Once on the site, submit comments using the 'Add a Comment' link below each draft listed on the 'My Panels' page. Additional instructions will be found on the 'Add a Comment' form.
Any changes recommended in the posted DRAFT standards are for public review and comment ONLY and will not affect Standards currently published until the full process for development these new American National Standards are finalized and announced. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact email@example.com.