NASBLA Roundtable

View Only
  • 1.  Boating Accident Investigation Field Guide 4th edition

Posted 02-06-2020 06:24 PM
    Good afternoon all!

Does anyone know where i can order the NASBLA Boating Accident investigation Field Guides or boating accident stencils? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

------------------------------
    Danny Rodriguez
    Boating Law Administer
    Arizona Game and Fish Department

• 2.  RE: Boating Accident Investigation Field Guide 4th edition

Posted 02-07-2020 08:38 AM
    Danny - you can order the Field Guide through our supplier Mimeo - here is the link to get started: https://marketplace.mimeo.com/nasblamembers .  Once you create your account, the passcode is Boating1.  The supplier for the templates has discontinued producing those, so they are no longer available.

Chris Moore
    National Association of State Boating Law Administrators

• 3.  RE: Boating Accident Investigation Field Guide 4th edition

Posted 02-08-2020 08:30 AM
    Thank for the information

Sergeant Kurt Roepcke
    Baltimore Police Department
    Tactical Section
    Marine Unit / Underwater Recovery Team
    3201 Boston street
    Baltimore, MD 21224
    cell 410-365-4366

• 4.  RE: Boating Accident Investigation Field Guide 4th edition

Posted 02-07-2020 08:53 AM

Good morning Danny,

You can order the Field Guides from our on-line print-on-demand partner Mimeo.

https://marketplace.mimeo.com/nasblamembers

Use the passcode "Boating1" and either use your Mimeo login and password.  If you don't already have a Mimeo username and password then click on "sign up here".

The accident stencils are not made anymore, unfortunately. 

Hope this helps

V/R
    Dave

Dave Considine
    BOAT Program Director
    NASBLA
    Cell (978) 314-1839
    Office Direct (859) 225-7375

• 5.  RE: Boating Accident Investigation Field Guide 4th edition

Posted 02-10-2020 10:53 AM
    Thank you all for the information! 

Let me take the time to briefly introduce myself. My name is Danny Rodriguez and I am the new Boating Law Administrator for the Arizona Game and Fish Department. I replaced Tim Baumgarten this past January and I'm looking forward to working with or learning from all of you!

I will be attending the BLA workshop at the end of the month, so i will see some of you then.

Danny Rodriguez
    Boating Law Administer
    Arizona Game and Fish Department

• 6.  RE: Boating Accident Investigation Field Guide 4th edition

Posted 02-11-2020 12:41 PM
    Over the years my office has received requests from local allied agencies for templates like those you are looking for and we usually refer them to our State BLA, the California State Parks, Division of Boating and Waterways. 

I contacted our State Training Coordinator and he advises they most recently used Airmate Plastic Fabrication out of Ohio to produce the templates for our State. However, in 2017 the vendor advised that, moving forward, they would only sell their templates in quantities of 1000.

Here is the contact info for company rep Rebecca Wilhelm from 2017:

419-636-3184 x139

I know that is a lot to purchase for one Agency, but perhaps they can help you or NASBLA with sourcing. 

• 7.  RE: Boating Accident Investigation Field Guide 4th edition

Posted 02-11-2020 01:11 PM

When Bear-Aide decided to stop making the templates they gave NASBLA permission to reproduce ourselves.  We weren't sure there was enough interest since everyone is using online tools such as CAD etc.  ChiefSupply was carrying them, and selling a set for ~$21 but it looks like they sold out to another company called Mallory.  Doing a quick search the templates don't show up on Mallory's site.

If there was enough interest a group could work with AirMate above and use the original Bear-Aide template since we have permission

V/R

Dave

Dave Considine
    BOAT Program Director
    NASBLA
    Cell (978) 314-1839
    Office Direct (859) 225-7375