NASBLA Roundtable

• 1.  New PFD Labels

Posted 04-12-2018 03:38 PM
    All,

Does anyone have any materials that describe the new lifejacket labels? I want to get something out to my state personnel on the matter but am having difficulty finding anything describing the labels much less a type of crosswalk document that would be helpful to enforcement personnel.

Thanks in advance,
    ​​

------------------------------
    Cody Jones
    Boating Law Administrator
    Asst. Commander Game Warden
    Texas Parks & Wildlife Dept.

Texas Game Wardens Serving Texans since 1895 - Law Enforcement off the Pavement

• 2.  RE: New PFD Labels

Posted 04-13-2018 02:08 PM
    I'll send you a PPT with the latest info available when I get back in the office Monday morning Cody.

Regards,
    Ed

Sent from Ed's iPhone

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

And following the light of the sun, we left the old world. (Christopher Columbus)

• 3.  RE: New PFD Labels

Posted 04-14-2018 10:24 AM
    Ed is the go-to person for info related to PFD news. It is likely that he included this link, below. The article is one  that you may have read and it may have info related to your query as well as those that others will ask about. It also deals with the issue of international borders that have easy boating chances of differing requirements of PFD carriage.
    Howard Hellman

• 4.  RE: New PFD Labels

Posted 04-16-2018 10:34 AM
    ​​The PPT won't load; if you'd like a copy to use or modify for officer training, shot me an email at Edward.L.Huntsman@uscg.mil and I'll send it to you via email.

[Ed][Huntsman]
    [RBS Program Manager]
    [Eighth Coast Guard District]

• 5.  RE: New PFD Labels

Posted 04-17-2018 09:36 AM
    ​As always, the CG's Lifesaving and Fire Safety Division (CG-5214) is THE authority and has the most current info . . .       Jacqueline.M.Yurkovich@uscg.mil

www.CGMIX.uscg.mil for approved equipment, accepted laboratories, and life-raft servicing facilities listings.

Lifesaving and Fire Safety Division web site address is https://www.dco.uscg.mil/CG-ENG-4/

Ed Huntsman
    RBS Program Manager
    Eighth Coast Guard District