NASBLA Roundtable

• 1.  Welcome to the NASBLA Connect Community!

Posted 12-03-2018 07:28 AM
    I am excited to announce the relaunch of NASBLA's Connect with the NASBLA Roundtable, a web-based platform for you to connect with other NASBLA members and folks working in recreational boating.

We have developed an open community for all to discuss topics like boating safety outreach, law enforcement or even recommendations for a boat. Think of the NASBLA Roundtable as an online place where you can talk with your colleagues and share resources on any topic related to recreational boating like we do at our in-person meetings.

Take a look around. If you want some quick tips on using Connect, check out our Quick Start Guide. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Community Manager, Ron Sarver. We look forward to your feedback and suggestions on how we can make Connect a benefit you can't do without.

Warm regards,

------------------------------
    Lt. Mark Brown
    Boating Law Administrator
    Oklahoma Highway Patrol Marine Enforcement Section
    Oklahoma City, OK USA

• 2.  RE: Welcome to the NASBLA Connect Community!

Posted 12-03-2018 09:15 AM
    Hi everyone!

Thanks to Mark for kicking things off! I'm Ron, and I'm here to make sure Connect runs as smoothly as a well-maintained car. ;)

As you get started exploring Connect, here are a few tips to help you with the community: 

1. You've been subscribed to the Daily Digest version of NASBLA Roundtable, which means that you will receive one email each morning containing all of the previous day's post in an easy-to-digest format. You can switch your subscription to Real Time (you'll receive an email every time there's a new post) or No Emails  (you won't receive emails from the community but you can still view discussions online. Here's how to manage your subscriptions.

2. To respond to a question, use the "Reply to Discussion" link to send your reply to the group (we encourage this if your response will help others and add to the NASBLA body of knowledge) or "Reply to Sender" to send a private offline message to the author of the message.

3. Missed a couple of posts in a discussion? Click the "View Thread" link at the bottom to see the original question and all replies.

4. Take a moment to search for your friends in the Member Directory and send them a contact request. You can also add someone as a contact by selecting the menu underneath his or her photo in the discussion post. Feel free to try it out and friend request me now.

5. We also have a Quick Start Guide here that should walk you through the basics as well as some quick videos to show you how on the Connect homepage.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have questions or need help-that's what I'm here for!

Have a great day,

Ron Sarver
    Chief, Knowledge & Learning Management Systems
    National Association of State Boating Law Administrators