NASBLA Roundtable

View Only
  • 1.  Number of public accesses per state

Posted 12-06-2021 03:33 PM

Greetings NASBLA community,
    We recently met with one of our elected officials regarding using infrastructure dollars to support recreational boating infrastructure (boat ramps). Their team inquired as to an approximate national number of public boat ramps and public boat ramps per state. Can anyone direct me to where this public data may be located? Is it even publicly available? Thank you all in advance for your assistance.
    Regards,

Ed Rudberg
    CEO, CD3, General Public Benefit Corporation
    ed@cd3systems.com

------------------------------
    Ed Rudberg
    CEO
    CD3 Systems

• 2.  RE: Number of public accesses per state

Posted 12-07-2021 09:14 AM
    I'm not certain on the numbers Ed, but I'd start with SOBA   https://sobaus.org/home

Ed

Ed Huntsman

• 3.  RE: Number of public accesses per state

Posted 12-07-2021 09:41 AM
    Hello Ed-

While I am not aware of a specific public database, you may want to contact one of the following organizations:
    • Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF)
    • States Organization for Boating Access (SOBA)
    They may have what you need or point you in the right direction.

John Jost
    M: 414-232-2687
    The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact john.h.jost@gmail.com if you have received this message in error.

• 4.  RE: Number of public accesses per state

Posted 12-08-2021 08:00 AM
    Indiana Department of Natural Resources Public Access Sites is a part of the Division of Fish & Wildlife. They would have that information for Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone