The Corps Foundation Kicks Off the 2021 Life Jacket Video Contest to Promote Life Jacket Wear
(May 25, 2021) — The Corps of Engineers Natural Resources Education Foundation (The Corps Foundation) and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) are proud to announce the 2021 Life Jacket Video Contest. The contest invites anyone 18 or older nationwide to create a video public service announcement (PSA) to help encourage adults to wear life jackets. Deadline for submissions is September 1, 2021. Winners will receive a cash prize and the opportunity for national exposure for their winning entries.
This contest was developed because every year thousands of people in the United States mourn the loss of loved ones who could have survived if they had been wearing a life jacket while spending time on or near our nation’s waters. Over the last 10 years, 87 percent of all USACE public water-related fatalities were male, 86 percent were the ages of 18 and older, and 87 percent were not wearing a life jacket.
Key Information about the 2021 Life Jacket Video Contest:
- Deadline for Video PSA submissions is September 1, 2021.
- All submissions will only be accepted through the online application that can be found at LifeJacketVideoContest.com.
- Anyone within the United States who will be 18 years old or older by September 1, 2021 can enter.
- Entrants may enter individually or as part of a team consisting of no more than four (4) members. All team members must be 18 years old or older.
- Submissions will be accepted for a 55-second video and a 25-second video. A winner will be selected in each category. The winner of the 55-second video category will receive a cash prize of $5,500 and the winner of the 25-second category will receive a cash prize of $2,500.
- Winning submissions may be turned into PSAs and distributed nationwide to USACE lake and river projects and their partners to use on social media, websites, television stations, movie theaters, and more.
For full submission guidelines, official rules, FAQs, and resources, visit LifeJacketVideoContest.com.
Funding for the Life Jacket Video Contest is provided by a Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund grant that was awarded to The Corps Foundation and is administered by the U.S. Coast Guard.
About The Corps Foundation
The Corps of Engineers Natural Resources Education Foundation (Corps Foundation) is America’s nonprofit advocate engaging the public to ensure the environmental health and recreational enjoyment of our nation’s lakes, lands, and waterways managed by USACE. For information on the Corps Foundation, visit www.CorpsFoundation.org
About the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
USACE is one of the nation’s leading federal providers of outdoor and water-based recreation, managing more than 400 lake and river projects in 43 states and hosting some 250 million visits per year. With 90 percent of these recreation areas within 50 miles of metropolitan areas, they provide a diverse range of outdoor activities close to home and to people of all ages. For more information on USACE recreation sites and activities, visit www.CorpsLakes.us.